FAQ 2019-10-06T19:34:23-04:00

FAQ

Define Questions

Define is a technology-enabled company that makes paint projects more convenient, affordable and reliable.

Define operates in the Greater Toronto Area. However, we’re expanding quickly, so please reach out and we’ll be happy to provide you with a time frame on when we’ll be available in your area.
All of our painters are licensed, insured and have over 5 years of experience. To remain a Define painter, painters are required to maintain an elite customer satisfaction rating.
We have deep relationships with high quality, national brands to offer our customers paint options at every price point. Our brand partners include: Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams, Behr, Sico and Farrow & Ball.
Every quote includes labour, paint, supplies and anything necessary to complete your paint project.
During normal business hours, we typically follow up in less than 1 hour after you submit your request. Requests submitted after 7pm will receive their quote the following morning.
No, all of our quotes are binding, which means what is proposed is what you pay. We’ll even return at no added cost, if there are any issues you’d like us to correct.

Please ensure that you’ve provided us with accurate information about the scope of your job. We do reserve the right to charge a higher rate, if additional work is required beyond what was mentioned in the customers job request (e.g., failing to indicate a wall needing repair, inaccurate dimensions, etc.).

Payment can be made using any major credit card. A 10% deposit is required to schedule your project and the remaining 90% is charged the day your paint project is complete.

Once you’ve received your quote and provided your 10% deposit, we’ll schedule a colour consultation call. During the call, we’ll walk through an online dashboard showcasing the paint colours available and work together to determine the perfect paint for your space.
No, our painters will arrive with all the materials and supplies required to complete the job.
Yes, let us know that you’d like to use your own paint and we will not include it in your quote.

Nope, they would however love a five-star review. Keep your eyes open for an email after your scheduled appointment, which you can use to grade your painting team.

If you need to reschedule your paint job, just let us know 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment and we’ll find a new time for you. Requests to reschedule with under 24 hours notice, will result in a lost deposit.
We understand that plans change so if you need to cancel your paint job simply reach out 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment and we’ll cancel your booking without any penalty. For cancellations with under 24 hours notice, you will forfeit your deposit.

We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with your paint project, let us know and we’ll fix it at no additional cost.

Yes, all paint projects are covered under a 2 year limited warranty, which protects against peeling and blistering related to poor workmanship.
Your Cart